Friday, June 20, 2008

Off and Running

Very early this morning, my wife and I returned from our first "official" time up in Olympia as pastor of Reality. I headed up Wednesday afternoon to be part of an elder's meeting and then spent Thursday morning driving around the great city of Olympia with a realtor. It was a great driving tour that allowed me to walk through a couple of houses we had found online and provided me with good insider information about the various neighborhoods, schools, and such.

By far, though, the highlight of the 2 day trip was Thursday night... the first official service of the church where I was able to share a bit of my story and answer questions from people in the church. It's really hard for me to put into words what all I was feeling that night. How do you explain the culmination of so much prayer, discussion, and waiting? Everyone was so warm and inviting and I think everyone could sense a bit of relief that the whole "search process" is now over. Without a doubt, good things are ahead.

I know that the next few weeks (hopefully not months) of commutting until the house sells will be tough - kind of that feeling of not being here and not being there. But I am so excited to start meeting a bunch of people and leading toward the mission that God has laid out for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul - you haven't posted, I haven't made contact. But, that's all changing now. Excited to hear about your new role. I know you'll be a blessing to all in Reality. Please let me have your new contact info so I can try and do a better job of staying in touch. Either email or comment on my site (I won't post it).

Peter M
biblicalpreaching.net

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff. If you have a new cell phone text me. Are you up for another go at fantasy football? You got nowhere to go but up!