Friday, August 1, 2008

Amsterdam on My Mind

For the past few days, I have really been thinking and praying a lot about Amsterdam.  A large part of that is due to the fact that there is a team of young adults over there right now carrying out a mission trip that I was going to be on if I didn't leave for Olympia.  As I read their blogs, I can replay the sights, sounds, smells, and the emotions of being there with the team last year.

Mission trips are always profound times of spiritual growth for me. By being forced out of my routine and comfort zone, God always stretches, refreshes, and speaks to me in new ways.  Last summer was definitely no different.

The other day I was going back and reading some of my journal entries from last summer's trip. It's amazing how that time shaped my heart, my views on incarnational ministry, my desire to reach the city, and gave me fresh reminders of the brokenness of humanity.

So- from Olympia this morning- I pray for:
-The conversations at Vondel Park to by marked by love and messages of Jesus
-The addictions and wounds of the Red Light District to be met by the freedom and healing of Jesus
-The darkness of the city to be overcome by the Light who is Jesus
-The prayer and worship of the saints to exalt Jesus because when He is exalted... things cannot help but change.

And I pray that the lessons I learned from my time of ministry in Amsterdam would change how I do ministry today in Olympia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the prayer, Paul!
I wish I hopped on the blog train sooner; it helps with ministry so much! I know that your prayers made a difference.

I'm praying for your housing situation. Keep on resurrection living.